SIP (or Session Initiation Protocol) – also known as SIP trunking – is our market-leading and cost-effective replacement for traditional ISDN. It connects to your existing IP enabled PBX to the PSTN network via broadband, Ethernet or private circuit into our national network. Our SIP trunks work seamlessly with each of the leading IP PBX brands in the UK market.
Compared to ISDN our SIP trunks are less costly per channel and more flexible in how and where geographic telephone numbers can be used. It’s also quicker to install and provision and, as standard, it delivers extremely robust business continuity.
The service can support connections ranging from two channels for small PBX-equipped businesses to an unlimited number of channels for large enterprises and contact centres.
- Lower cost
- It enables line and PBX estate rationalisation
- It offers number flexibility
- It’s business-grade voice and internet convergence
- Business continuity comes as standard
- It offers affordable resilience
- Free UK calls and fraud protection